MBA Admissions Counselor
United States Military Academy at West Point, BS in Management, minor in Environmental Engineering
The Wharton School, MBA, Operations
- Captain in the US Army, including a combat deployment to Afghanistan, and served as deputy executive officer to a three-star commanding general
- 4.5 years at McKinsey & Company, including 3.5 years as a generalist strategy consultant and 1 year as chief of staff to the senior partner, leading the firm’s evolution in client work through the COVID-19 pandemic
Select Admissions Counseling Accomplishments
- For the past seven years, Sophie has helped dozens of candidates gain admission to top MBA programs such as Wharton, Columbia Business School, Duke’s Fuqua School of Business, London Business School, the Yale School of Management, and UVA Darden—with up to 50% tuition scholarships.
- Sophie also supported Wharton’s admissions team in preparing first-year MBAs for consulting interviews, and she helped McKinsey’s human resources team screen veteran applicants.
Sophie has been living full time in her Sprinter van (named “Sage”) since June 2020, as she chases balmy 70-degree weather across the United States and Mexico.
You might enjoy working with Sophie if
- You are a founder. Sophie founded and led two nonprofit military CrossFit gyms.
- You are an athlete and/or are passionate about the outdoors. Sophie trained and summited Mount Everest while working as a consultant at McKinsey, and she holds the Guinness World Record for the fastest marathon in full military uniform by a woman.
- Work/life balance is important to you. Sophie has a proven track record of maintaining a full life, both personally and professionally.
- You have an interest in “vanlife” and/or tiny homes. Sophie is building a tiny home and farm on 102 acres in the Midwest.